Monday, October 12, 2009

Guilt Stricken!

Try as I may, I could not deny the fact that I dozed off in class again. But this time was different. I think the lecturer actually caught me sleeping. I tried to keep awake. But i guess I couldn't help it.

It was the third consecutive lecture of the day. And it was after lunchtime. I was seated just three rows away from where my lector stood as he delivered his lecture. Let's call him Prof here.

At first, I was able to keep myself awake. Then my eyes would betray me. They would shut against my will. But, I still managed to keep them wide open. All of the sudden, I felt that Prof became very distant, his voice was hardly audible, then for a split second I couldn't hear anything but my inner conscience telling myself to keep awake..but to no avail. Then my head fell sideways. I jerked and I woke up almost instantaneously. As my eyes opened, I could tell that Prof was staring at me. His face was a blur at first. But when it became clearer, I was 100% sure he was looking at me...and I thought I was in for trouble. Fortunately for me, he continued with his lecture without reprimanding me.

It was either Lady Luck was by my side or Prof was just being gracious and didn't want to humiliate me in front of my friends
.
I know one thing for sure though...and that is I've insulted prof. to think I have slept through his lecture...haiz.  I honestly feel bad. I'm so guilt-struck!

4 comments:

vin fei said...

nice u finally learned how to sleep during lectures

nicholas said...

hahah yea ban.cudn't help it.

俊申 said...

Yes, sometime it is hard to keep awake throughout the lecture, especially when the lecture is in the afternoon and early morning have other class.

俊申 said...

Btw, kevin here.