Thursday, October 15, 2009

Festival of Lights

That time of the year is here again! The time where people would get together and exchange laughter, joy and stories from the past year over murukus and other scrumptious Indian delicacies. Diwali as it is known, is the festival of lights. It is a celebration of how good always triumphs over evil.

I have always heard of talks about Good versus evil and of how Good always wins since I was at my mother's knees. The story of the killing of Narakasura by Krishna's wife corroborated this. My point is, Diwali may be the time of celebration for the Hindus only but the significance of the celebration is profound and its message of Good overpowering evil is universal. Because of Diwali, I always believe in the immense power that light possesses. It drives away the DARK! It makes things clearer for us (metaphorically speaking)... it helps us set our paths right, simply preventing us from sidetracking in life ( of course this is how I look at it =))), not everyone does. hehe  )

So let's all celebrate Diwali. Be it a simple spiritual celebration ( on our part) or an elaborate one( for the Hindus)

I think I'm becoming long-winded..Anyway on a final note: To all those who are celebrating the Festival of Lights this year... Happy Diwali! =))) This Diwali dedication goes out especially to my peers in AIMST university. HAVE FUN GUYS!

No comments: